Clue: 1918 and again in 1923, when McCormick Wash far exceeded the manmade drainage channels ability to contain it.
“Experience Arizona’s Golden Age” Old Dominion Days runs Wednesday, September 12 through Saturday, September 15, 2018.
About the contest:
1. Each week during the contest period, a photo(s) taken somewhere in the Globe-Miami Communities, along with location clues will be placed in the Silver Belt newspaper. On the Monday following the photo’s publication in the Silver Belt, the photo(s) will also appear on the Museum’s website www.GilaCountyHistoricalMuseum.org. Additional photos not shown in the Silver Belt will also be on the Museum’s website.
2. Contest entry forms may be picked up at the Gila County Historical Museum and Silver Belt newspaper. Contestants are to place the location of the photo item by the corresponding number on the form. The submitted forms with the most correct answers will be placed in a drawing for the contest prizes. The decisions of the judges will be final.
3. Gila County Historical Society board members are ineligible to enter.
4. The drawing will be held on September 15, 2018, 11:00 am at the Gila County Historical Museum located at 1330 N. Broad St. Globe, AZ. Winners need not to be present to win.
5. To be eligible for the contest drawing, entries must be submitted to the Museum in person or by mail, Gila County Historical Museum, P.O. Box 2891, Globe, AZ 85502 on or before September 8, 2018.
6. Contest prizes are:
- First Place prize: $100.00
Second Place prize: $50.00
Third Place prize: $25.00